I was given an assignment for a magazine that is on a tight deadline. Armed with my information, I reached out to several individuals in order to secure interviews and to lock in a date to photograph them. It seemed effortless until one of those individuals had yet to respond. I was flabbergasted and quite annoyed. Then I realized that it was me. I was the problem.
I emailed her twice in the last two days. Yesterday, I was going to escalate the issue by using a device that is commonly referred to as a telephone. As much as I dislike chatting with strangers on the phone, it was becoming increasingly obvious that this would be my next step. As I sipped my morning drug of choice aka my coffee, it occurred to me to check the email address. Sure enough, I had transposed two letters, so now instead of being annoyed at the woman who didn’t respond, I was simply pissed off at myself. Two days wasted. Deadline approaching. Trying not to lose my shit in the meantime.
So, I sent an email at 6:33 am to this individual to the CORRECT address. As it was about to send I realized that there was no “G” placed in front of the “ood” for my initial greeting. It read “ood morning”. Seriously, I should have a marquee running across my forward indicating “user error”. I am sure that she is super excited to put the organization’s story into my “sort of ” capable hands. Christ on a cracker, friends.
I will be able to laugh about it once I hit my deadline. It will all work out as it usually does. I would like to blame it on having Dyslexia, but I don’t have that. I would like to blame it on the information provided to me from another source, but it was correct. Live and learn, I suppose, and realize that it will probably happen again. The source is usually the user.